Looking for a TSP "observing partner"

Home Forums TSP General Discussion Looking for a TSP "observing partner"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Colin Littlefield
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

This year will be the first that I’ve attended TSP. I would like to find an “observing partner” who might be willing to let me look through his/her telescope every now and then; I’ve heard that some TSP attendees would prefer not to be disturbed from their observing projects, so I don’t want to risk bothering them in the field. I’m only going to have a TV-76 on a camera tripod, so I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to look through a larger scope. In return, I’d be happy to share my TV-76, BinoVue, and Nagler eyepieces as well as my experience with CCD photometry.

Also, will anyone be bringing a barn-door tracker that they might be willing to share for an hour or two? Although I might build one, I’d like to minimize the amount of gear that I’ll be bringing because I’ll be flying to Texas.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
    Colin

Hello, Colin,
    Welcome in advance to the Texas Star Party. My wife and I always set up on the upper field near the northwestern part of the non smoking section. We always welcome visitors as do many other TSP’ers. We are primarily visual observers and just about always have something interesting to show and are open to suggestions and requests, so please come by. My wife’s scope is a 30″ f/3.3 Starmaster Dob and mine is a 7″ AstroPhysics refractor, so we will be pretty easy to find.
    Hope to see you on the upper field,
    Doug & Christina LeGrand

DEAN SCHWARTZENBERG
    Participant

Hi Colin,

We have a group of mostly imagers that will be set up in the east end of the lower field near the RV sites. I will have an 18″ starmaster and refractor for visual while imaging. You would be more than welcome to come by and share the views. A friend will have his astrotrac and I am sure you would be welcome to try it out.

Enjoy you first TSP.

Dean

Colin Littlefield
    Participant

Hi Dean, Doug, and Christina,

Thank you so much! I will definitely take you up on your offers.

Best Regards,
    Colin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.