Jeff Goldstein

Home Forums TSP General Discussion Jeff Goldstein

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GARY CARTER
    Participant

It is with great sadness that I pass on the word, if you haven’t already heard elsewhere, the amateur astronomy community has lost a great friend. On 01/25/2015 Jeff Goldstein of AstroGizmos passed away suddenly at his home in Virginia. Jeff and his wife, Jean, are long-time supporters of the Texas Star Party and other astronomy venues like it all around the country. He will be sorely missed.

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers in this time of great loss and sadness.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Jeffrey-Goldstein&lc=7534&pid=173987518&mid=6297595

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

Jeff will definitely be missed, I always enjoyed going thru his wares in the TSP vendor area!

Jason Adamik
    Participant

Does anyone know if the company will continue to operate and, if so, if they will be at TSP? They definitely had some ingenious ideas for products and I had planned to buy some that had sold out. It shows you that in amateur astronomy if you really like something you should try to buy it since many of the manufacturers are really small companies and things can happen that wouldn’t stop large companies. I didn’t know Jeff personally but talked to him for awhile when I was buying a load of his cool stuff a couple TSPs ago…

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

AstroGizmos will not be at TSP this year.

There are some other vendors who are planning to step up and provide
    similar merchandise that AstroGizmos supplied at their tables last year.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.