Group tours ideas for TSP

Home Forums TSP General Discussion Group tours ideas for TSP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TSP already has group tours for McDonald Observatory and bird watching.

Is there a group tour that you would like for TSP to set up? Tell us your ideas! Post “me too” is encouraged here!

Any interest in a tour of historic homes/churches/ranches in the Ft Davis area?

Jason Adamik
    Participant

There was an outing / hiking trip to look for tektites a few years back that sounded very interesting but I didn’t do it. I remember the name ‘La Madera’ as far as the area but don’t remember where it is in relation to Ft Davis. It would be nice to try that trip again. Maybe an attendee was an expert in that area but may not be here this year. Just a thought.

LEN PHILPOT
    Participant

Maybe you’re thinking of the Sierra Madera impact crater, south of Fort Stockton? I’ve never been there, but it sounds interesting.

KELLEY MILLER
    Participant

The outing to look for tektites and the impact crater both sound great. I watch every season of The Meteorite Men, and so I have a new interest in meteorites. A tour of historic homes also sounds interesting. Last year I took a trip to the Chihuahuan Desert Nature Center just outside of Ft. Davis. It was awesome! It was a great opportunity to photograph interesting desert plants and birds (lots and lots of hummingbirds). Even though this place is listed on the TSP website, I don’t think many people know about it. When I mentioned going there to other people, most had never heard of it or never been there. A group trip there would be fun. I would definitely go back.

Michael South
    Participant

Just posting to “me too” the tektite search/crater visit as well as the nature center one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.