First time: best strategy for attendance preference?

Home Forums TSP General Discussion First time: best strategy for attendance preference?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael South
    Participant

Hi,

I just found out about the TSP and put in my Reg/Rev request. I am wondering if I made a mistake in listing my preferences. I put RV with meals first, RV without meals second, and Bunk (male) third. Even though that accurately reflects my preferences, I am also willing to attend but stay off-site, and I would much rather have than than nothing. Should I have eliminated one of the on-site choices (replacing it with an attend-only one) in order to increase my chance of getting to attend at all?

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

As long as your first 3 preferences relate to something on the ranch, then your request is correct.

We typically will “wait-list” you for your first preference if none of the other choices are available.

No changes are needed for your request form to increase your chances of being drawn/selected.

Michael South
    Participant

Thanks, that’s good to know.

If it happens that none of those come through, would I still be able to attend (just stay somewhere offsite)?

I should have been clearer about that in my initial question, I guess: Is being able to attend (i.e., staying offsite and not using meal plan or anything else but just showing up for activities) also subject to a drawing?

Thanks!

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

Perhaps you should read this page to answer most of your questions…

https://texasstarparty.org/accomodations/random-drawing-for-reservations/

If you are wait-listed, you can write back asking to stay off-Ranch. Assuming we are not at capacity (not likely this year for camping/off-site slots), then your subsequent request to stay off-site will be honored. If I recall, your name will remain on the waiting list in case an opening appears.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.