First Time at TSP

Home Forums TSP General Discussion First Time at TSP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AKARSH SIMHA
    Participant

Hi

This is (if all goes well) going to be my first visit to TSP. I’m really excited! I’m planning to bring my 18″ f/5 which will hopefully see a really dark sky for the first time. Anything I should know?

Regards
    Akarsh

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster
    ROCKETT CRAWFORD
    Participant

Be sure and bring a *winter* jacket to wear at night just in case. It’s spring and it’s getting warmer but in the mountains, the air doesn’t hold heat very well at night and some years in April it can get really cold there.

The reason I mention this is that I told a friend one time to bring a coat and instead he brought a wind breaker and it was one of those colder years and he suffered. :^)

DEAN SCHWARTZENBERG
    Participant

Latest Accuweather says it will cool off mid week and have lows in the upper 30’s. But clear all week!! Bring your long underwear 🙂

Faith Jordan
    Participant

I’ll be bringing a fleece jacket, plus a ‘hoodie’, to wear under my lightweight jacket. But, as long as it’s clear, then I don’t mind the low temps – I’m used to observing in low temperatures, being from the UK. 😉

DEREK NEWTON
    Participant

As Rocket stated, it can get really cold in April. In the many years I’ve attended, the lowest temp we endured was 19 degrees… and that was in April. Its always better to be prepared and have warm gear.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.