First Time at TSP

Home Forums TSP General Discussion First Time at TSP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RON YELTON
    Participant

Hi, this year will be my first TSP visit. I’m tent camping but have some other friends that will be in RV areas in the south field. I’d like to set up near them. I see on the field map that there are power lines in the south field but I haven’t found a discussion about tents in the south field. Can I set up my tent down there or do I need to be in the middle or north field?Thanks,Ron

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

Ron,

Yes, the Lower field is a great place for camping, especially if you want to camp next to your telescope!   It is also closest to the nighttime snackbar!

Dana Lindstrom
    Participant

Be prepared for high gusts of wind.  Not just your tent but also you scope.  To protect your tent, either fell it during the day or make sure it is very secure.  I’ve a few tents ripped apart by the wind.  The same with you scope. Make sure it is tied down as to not blow over.D2

Ed Jones
    Participant

my first time also-depending on the luck of the draw

what is the difference between the three viewing fields

why would I want one field vs another, other than closeness to when I am staying

thanks
    ed

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

Ed,

The Lower field is less-regimented, where you can camp near your scope.

The Central field is likely less crowded than the Upper field.

The Upper field is the largest and has a lot of activity, being the most crowded.

Ed Jones
    Participant

now the difficult question

I have been accepted, but have a conflict and will not be able to attend

how do I cancel?

ed jones

DAVID CLARK
    Keymaster

Hi Ed!

I’m sorry your plans changed and you are unable to attend TSP this year.

You can send an email reply to your TSP Confirmation email, letting them know to cancel your TSP Registration/Reservation Request. Our TSP Housing team will appreciate this, as it will allow them to find someone on our waiting list to fill your spot.

Alternatively just send an email to
    tsprooms@texasstarparty.org

Hopefully you’ll get to attend TSP in 2015!

KEITH TAGGART
    Participant

Welcome to the biggest and best show in Texas!!!

One of the major differences between the three observing fields is that the lower field’s sky view is more obstructed. If you need more sky to observe, the middle and upper fields are for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.