We provide below some of our TSP observing programs from previous years.
If you need something else to do during TSP, try one of these!
If you observe a list during TSP week, you can turn in your observations to the appropriate observing coordinator. If we have a leftover pin, we’ll give it to you. If we are out of pins, please accept our handshake and congratulations for a job well done!
These are provided in PDF file format. If you are unable to read these files, download the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Download this ZIP file which contains many of our observing programs in SkyTools(STX), Excel(XLS), SkySafari(SKYLIST), Deep-Sky Planner(DSPLAN), and plaintext(TXT) format.
Regular Observing Programs
- 1998 The Great Southern Skies Challenge
- 1999 Planetary Party
- 2000 Glorious Globulars
- 2001 An Astronomical Odyssey (same file as above)
- 2002 Seeing Double
- 2003 The Great Celestial A.R.C. (same file as above)
- 2004 Starlight, Starbright
- 2005-6 Eye On The Sky
- 2005 Bright Sky Observing Program (naked eye) (same file as above)
- 2007 Be A Sap (Shapley-Ames Person)
- 2008 Globular Glory
- 2009 5X5 (same file as above)
- 2010 About Face
- 2011 Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!
- 2013 I Have No Idea Where I Am
- 2014 Zombies
- 2015 In Living Color
- 2016 Spiralmania
- 2017 Deja Vu All Over Again
- 2018 TSP: Twenty Stinking Planetaries
- 2019 Smoke and Mirrors
- 2022 What’s In a Name
Novice Observing Program
Binocular Observing Programs
- Binocular Observing Program
- Challenge Binocular Program (same file as above)
- Binocular Program from “Hell” (same file as above)
Advanced Observing Programs
- 2000 Rings Over TSP
- 2001 Explosions Over TSP
- 2002 Interactions
- 2003 GD Planetary Nebulae
- 2004 Globular Clusters
- 2005 Arp Peculiar Galaxies
- 2006 Nebulae
- 2007 The A, B, C’s of Galaxies
- 2008 The Local Group
- 2009 Galaxy Groups – Clusters – Superclusters
- 2010 Super-Thin Galaxies
- 2011 Proximity – Friends of Friends
- 2012 Anything Abell
- 2013 Galaxy Illusions
- 2014 Seeing Red (Supplemental Photo Guide)
- 2015 Markarian Galaxies
- 2016 The Science of Byurakan
- 2017 Open Clusters and Asterisms
- 2018 E E Barnard List (Supplemental Photo Guide)
- 2019 The Best of the Advanced Observing Programs
- 2020 The Best of the Rest of the Advanced Observing Programs
- 2021 The Best of the Rest of the Advanced Observing Programs II
- The Texas Star Party – Advanced Observing Program – 2022
Observing the Index Catalogue
Interested in a longer-term observing project? Observe 100 NGC objects in consecutive number order.
Check out the Wagoner 100 Observing Program !